- Renewal applications subject to same standards of proof as new applications, court rules
- U.S. Court: Requiring RN/MD practice agreement is constitutional
- Creation of guidelines for disciplinary referral is not rulemaking subject to open meetings law, says Colorado high court
- Revocation overturned where licensee denied formal hearing on relevance of his criminal conduct
- Conflicting standards of proof cause reversal of automatic suspension of licensee
A 2-day sting operation by the Contractor Licensing Board in California resulted in 13 unlicensed contractors being cited in August. All the individuals in question had placed business cards in local home improvement stores or advertised their services online, but without stating a licensee number, a legal requirement. The penalty for a first offense includes up to six months in jail and a $5,000 fine. A second offense carries a mandatory 90 days in jail.
Full story by Rob McCarthy via Thousand Oaks Acorn