- Federal data bank is a sort of “blacklist,” charges physician interest group
- Voters to decide: Keep or cancel law expanding optometry practice
- California AG hits teledentistry company SmileDirect executive with fraud charges over practice scheme
- Boards faulted for failure to discipline many opioid over-prescribers
- “Confidential letter” warning about discipline is discipline
A man is now on the run after being discovered to have fraudulently treated patients in hospitals and emergency rooms in Australia for 11 years. Shyam Acharya forged a passport and stole medical qualifications from a doctor in his native India before faking his citizenship to enter Australia. The high esteem he was held in by colleagues would not prevent a possible $30,000 fine if he is captured.
Full story by Rose Brennan via The Daily Examiner